Recently, while I was pacing the office trying to get some of the blood back into my brain and complaining to my co-worker about the metaphorical wall that likes to stop me in my tracks every afternoon, she asked if I wanted to try this juice she had made. She apparently had been searching the Internet for a liver cleanse recipe and found this post on buzzle.com. She said that the juice gives her a little boost of natural energy, tastes good, and is very healthy too. I've decided to try it for a the next couple weeks. Below is the recipe and a few alterations I made.
- 2 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ cup lime juice I decided to use lemons instead.
- 1 cup distilled water My friend said she used Coconut Water, but I just used regular filtered water. Next time I will probably try it her way.
- 2 inch fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon acidophilus I only found capsules at the drugstore, so I just opened a couple of them up for the powder.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- I also decided to add cinnamon for an extra little kick of energy.
2. Mix in garlic, grated ginger, acidophilus powder, flax seed oil, and cinnamon.
3. Add water and blend all ingredients together.
4. I put the drink mixture into a couple water bottles, and will try drinking it a couple times a day and see how it goes.
I'll be posting updates over the next couple weeks. This is my first experimental attempt on this blog, so wish me luck!